Monday, March 22, 2010

Yikessssssssssssss

Summer is here and it brings along a special gift………the lizard. Yikessssssssssssss.

I just sighted my first lizard of the season and frankly it filled me with horror. There is nothing I hate more in the world than a lizard...........ugly, slimy and the most repulsive creature ever.

Now I wonder if I can apply The Dalai Lama’s theory of compassion to it……I think it would be stretching it a bit too far. Even if it means incurring bad karma for being mean to a living creature…..the minute I see one……I want to kill it (not with my own hands……I can’t bear to look at it).

I don’t know where this dislike stems from………maybe my childhood. I had a lizard fall on me when I was a little girl and I still remember the cold clammy feel of it as it touched my skin. HORRIBLE!

I wish I lived in a country where this particular creature was extinct…..actually why can’t this become like the tiger……..whose numbers are dwindling…….so that we could soon have a lizard free India. God, are you listening?

2 comments:

  1. almost same sentiments for a fly. but then i reason with myself. if God has made a creature, kuch toh usage hoga hi uska. even if it is meant to frighten girls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikesssssssss...... :) lol i think thats the only reason that they exist.....to scare us :)

    ReplyDelete