Friday, February 19, 2010

A Random Thought

Saw My Name Is Khan earlier in the week. I liked it...cried throughout the movie. Loved Shahrukh....you can probably tell that I'm a fan. Since I am not an expert on movies, I can't say if it was good or bad....all I can say is that I liked it.

I'd just like to mention one particular scene which got stuck in my mind. When Jimmy Shergill says to his wife after she's been attacked by someone for being Muslim post 9/11...."take it (the hijab) off.....God will understand but these people will not". I think that is so telling of the ways of the world today.

We're now living in a world where we fear other humans more than we do God.....which is very different from what it used to be. In India especially, religion and faith in the Almighty is BIG. He's the one that we turn to, the one that we fear....but all of that seems to be changing now. We've reached a point where we do believe that God is our own and he will understand why we did what we did.

There is so much anger and hatred...we seem to have totally lost sight of the saying "live n let live". Now again I'm no one to judge if the anger is justified or not....but is there no other way? Agreed if someone hurts me or my family and friends then there's no question of my not seething with anger too. Then I too want an eye for an eye.....I'm not ashamed to say that.But is this the way we want to move forward?

Tells us something about the way we're going and what we're going to leave behind for our children.

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm
    sometimes u have to just let go of hurt, of hatred, of anguish...perhaps that is what the doctrine of ahinsa meant. but, then it is not a flawless state in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I agree....the more you hold on to these things...the more they trouble you.

    ReplyDelete