Sunday, February 14, 2010

Another blast........

Another blast....Pune this time. Heard the news in the evening. Shock n horror as usual...switched on the TV....started getting details. Same story on....channels asking the government how they let it happen...the officials not saying much. What can they say. What can the news channels say. No one can say anything. It is the same story all over again.

We the people...so outraged, so full of anger.....I saw it all and then went out to meet my friends. And I didn't really think about it. I just went on with my life. I only remembered it once I got back home. Did it affect me....yes....but not enough...I think its stopped affecting me, especially after Mumbai. We've seen so much of it. As long as its not happening here...my life will go on as before.

I remember when it happened it Delhi...I was scared. The first time I had to go to GK 1 market, which was one of the sites of the blast, I had to say to myself that it has to be done. And I didn't hang around. I think that trip was more to show that aal izz well than anything else.

Right now there's a lot of talk happening....how did it happen, why wasn't it stopped, is the government incapable of stopping these attacks. A friend of mine says its really not possible to police every single person in our country....and I tend to agree.

We don't really want the policing. We want to do whatever we want to. No one should stop us. Democracy after all.

On the other hand...they really don't do a good enough job in trying to protect us. For example....a couple of months ago i went to the New Delhi Railway Station. And I was scared. So many people walking in....the cops just sitting on the side and letting them come and go. What if someone has a bomb in their luggage.....I was freaked out.

My question....if they can check the airports why is the railway station not checked. Could it be too many people? I don't really have any answers....just a bunch of questions.

Many more blasts will happen coz that's the world we live in...the reality of our lives.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha
    in here comes politics and that is the reason why you have to take interest in it. at least in this country.
    have u ever thought why government after government doesnt do anything to stop this menace? why our PM says one thing after Mumbai blasts and then a few months later bends over backwards to start unconditional talks? all of this is politics... not only elections but jihad, bomb blasts, Ram janmbhoomi, fighting for one's rights...everything and that is why YOU the new generation of India must take interest in it.

    otherwise, same things will go on repeating themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do but we have limited impact on what goes on in the dirty world of politic. So we try in our own small way but it's gonna take a lot of time to clean it up.

    ReplyDelete