Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Politics…the best form of entertainment at times.

I am not someone who takes a lot of interest in politics. Don’t understand it, don’t want to either. But once in a while I do tune in, especially when some breaking news catches my eye. And frankly today am totally tuned in. Just saw the “breaking news” of Amar Singh and Jaya Prada getting expelled and caught part of Amar Singh's press conference and frankly it was ummm hilarious. The pain, trauma and dissolution that he portrayed was a sight to behold. Now don’t get me wrong……have nothing against Amar Singh. I neither like him nor do I dislike him. And this post is not about him. My point is simply that I find politics at times to be the best form of entertainment. Simply because there’s so much drama and emotion. Everyone knows whatever’s being said is all just to get the maximum effect but everyone pays close attention to it nevertheless. And it’s kind of fun to hear people say one thing today and then say the opposite the next day as though what was said earlier was never said at all. Politicians seem to have a very selective memory most of the time. Thankfully the media and public do not. The media digs out what was said earlier and plays it along with what is being said today and frankly it’s a good laugh. At times better than Bollywood.

2 comments:

  1. lol
    many many times better than bollywood
    but if were not affecting us all so seriously, i too would have taken politics as a joke
    in our country, its anything but a good laugh...

    ReplyDelete