Tuesday, December 7, 2010

BloodAid ~ A Non-Profit Initiative

I recently heard about a new non-profit initiative from some friends and was really impressed. So I thought I'd share it with all of you. It's called BloodAid, an online portal which aims to connect genuine donors with people who are desperately in need of blood in case of emergency.

We all come across such cases where someone needs blood urgently and at that point of time we end up racking our brain trying to figure out someone we know with a matching blood type. Now we know where to go. This site has voluntary donors from all blood types who one can get in touch with in case one requires blood and it's FREE .

I remember the time when I needed two units of blood before a surgery and it was pretty stressful trying to figure out where to get it from. At that time my Mom and Sister had given what was needed and I still remember feeling very grateful in my heart especially since they both have an absolute horror of needles.

A lot of us don't really pay much attention to these blood requests when we see them. I guess it's because it's someone, somewhere, and it generally doesn't touch us enough to be active about it. But let me tell you when it's someone we love who needs it....that is the time we really understand just how precious donating blood is.

So please please please check out www.bloodaid.com and spread the word about it to all your friends. You never know, someday, somewhere, by doing so, you just might be instrumental in saving a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment