Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cut Your Losses

The saying "cut your losses as quickly as possible" has been on my mind today. And I am seriously pondering on the wisdom of doing so.

There are times no matter how hard you try things don't work. But most times we just carry on, knowing there's no point because it's oh so difficult to let go. 

I think the biggest reason we want to hang on to things is because there is a certain comfort level in the known. You know the good, bad and ugly and you figure you'll deal with it. 

I can think of so many instances when I've let things pass saying chodo. But I've realized that letting things pass is like slow poisoning. It kills you slowly but surely. 

Am seriously tempted to cut my losses on a certain situation. But the fact that I'm debating in my mind tells you that I am having trouble letting go. Wanting to hang on. Knowing fully well that if I do, this particular situation will bug me every few days. But still debating. When will I learn?

6 comments:

  1. I'm in sorta the same situation...two choices are what I have...cut my losses and move on...or fight to make things better.

    I've decided to fight...simply because you fight for things that are worth it. So if it is worth it, then fight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh....that's the big question right now. I don't really know if it's worth it or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take your time girl...take your time. All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. instead if sighing, u cud have called me. maybe a talk wud have helped! *sautela vyavhar* i tell u :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Adee : haha next time I shall call u dreamer....in the middle of the night :P

    ReplyDelete