Wednesday, December 8, 2010

OMG

The photo says it all. I took it last night on my way back home and at that point of time I couldn't help but say OMG and laugh. I mean come on, this is Delhi, the national capital. It was hilarious.

Later though when I thought about it, I felt a bit sad and a bit mad. Sad because a whole lot of people in our country are illiterate and for them it's just a print. They don't know that the wrong side is up and I really don't blame them. They are poor workers doing their job of hanging a board where it's supposed to be hung.

Then comes the mad part. Someone obviously has not done their job properly and that's the reason these boards are upside down. If the guy who was "supposedly" supposed to supervise has paid even 1% attention, he would have seen what you and I, the educated lot can see. But he didn't and so we can all look at this photo and have a good laugh.

4 comments:

  1. oye! where is my comment!!!
    n then sd says i don't visit ur blog :P :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which comment? N don't you worry....am not complaining :) @Adee

    ReplyDelete
  3. While it is hilarious...it is also sad that as per your word, someone didn't do the work properly. While you caught it topsy turvy, I remembered once I saw a notice board which carried 'PLEASE DO NOT THROW WATER HERE', which I later I found out to be, 'PLEASE DO NOT PASS URINE HERE'. It happens on and off in all parts of the world:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. @cyclopseven : rolf that is hilarious...I guess all human being are same no matter which part of the world we live in.

    ReplyDelete