Wednesday, July 7, 2010

His Holiness The Dalai Lama


If there is one person I admire in this world, it is His Holiness. There is something about him that draws me. His persona, his dignity, his way of talking and most of all his philosophy.

Growing up in India I knew all about him but my fascination for him actually started when I read his autobiography. That gave me a glimpse into his personality and thought process and that’s when the admiration took firm root. I continued my reading on him and his teachings. The more I read....the more I admired.

Today I try to walk the path that he teaches. I don’t always succeed but at least I try.

Wishing His Holiness The Dalai Lama a belated Happy Birthday.....may you have a long long life.

2 comments:

  1. As long as we never stop long to enjoy the chosen path, and never stoop to pick beautiful pebbles scattered along the journey, we will be free from two things, one is the 'dust', another is the 'burden'.

    He is indeed an epitome of peace. Guess he is about to retire from politics soon. Good write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cycloseven : You are so right about that! And he is but his teaching will live on forever for those of us who admire him :)

    ReplyDelete